Yes, you read that right. A sweet and spicy peanut butter-bacon sandwich IS today’s taste test recipe for the weekend and per usual, the Hubs will do his Stuff My Wife Makes review down below. Spoiler alert: his face when the heat hits his throat is hilarious…
fI you’re new here: I make or bake new recipes to build my own family favorites and he (the Hubs) finally puts his peanut gallery comments to good use and reviews the goods. Scroll for the recipe, my recommendations, and any baking hacks I learned along the way.
Here is this week’s recipe:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 crisp cooked bacon strips
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Spread peanut butter on 2 bread slices; sprinkle with cayenne. Top with bacon and drizzle with honey. Top with remaining bread.
- Pretty self-explanatory (lol) BUT, I would like to remind you less is more when it comes to experimenting with heat. I like spice, but 1/8 tsp. was a little too much (even for four slices of cinnamon raisin bread) eve for me. Start with half of the 1/8 and work your way up.
- Omit the cayenne if you’re not a spicy kind of person.
- If you add banana some call it The Elvis Sandwich (going to try this next and probably LOVE it)
WILL IT MAKE THE CUT:placeholder://
He won’t even eat it without the cayenne now, LMAO. But trust me, it’s flipping delicious! I am adding it to my breakfast rotation. Who knew I would come to LOVE cinnamon raisin bread, especially the homemade kind from a few weeks ago…click here for that recipe.
ps: original recipe found on Taste of Home.
RamblinRandol is my journey back to loving myself (which happens to include baking). It’s an open letter on how I’m growing through what I’ve been through. And like Maya Angelou said, “the ache for home lives in all of us…” It’s time for me to feel at home in my own skin.
Click here to be my digital penpal and receive an email from mwah twice a month or hang out with me on Instagram @sjrandol.